Barrister’s Ball Scholarship
Established in 2012 by the MSU College of Law Student Bar Association, the Barrister’s Ball Scholarship helps offset technology and book expenses for law students.
- 1L, 2L, 3L or LLM student
- GPA 2.75 or higher
- Preference given to students who demonstrate financial need (as determined by their expected family contribution (EFC) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA))
- Applicants should submit a one page essay about what action the student takes to minimize student debt and how this scholarship will ease the burden extra school expenses (such as technology and books) place on the student.
- Amount and number of recipients will be determined based upon the funds raised through the 2016 Barrister’s Scholarship Charity Ball on Saturday, February 27, 2016
- Attendance at the Charity Ball is not required for receiving the scholarship.
Questions about the scholarship and applications should be submitted via e-mail to the Office Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications also may be dropped off at the Office of Financial Aid in Room 306. Applications are due by Wednesday, February 11, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. By applying for this scholarship, each applicant consents to a release of his or her information to confirm GPA and financial need.
The Office of Advancement and Department of Financial Aid staff select scholarship recipients. Winners will be announced at the Barrister’s Ball on Saturday, February 27, 2016.