The Office of Admissions hosts a variety of events aimed at providing prospective students with information and insights regarding MSU Law's academic programs, career outcomes, admission standards, and other topics of interest. Please note that most events require advance registration.
- On-Campus and Area Programs
- Individual Visit to the Law College
- Law Fairs, Forums and College Campus Presentations
Webinars are 20- to 45-minute online presentations focusing on a range of topics likely to be of interest to prospective law students. Webinar presenters are highly experienced content-area experts (including practicing attorneys; legal career consultants; prelaw advisors; current and former admission and financial aid professionals; and, current law students). Webinars include a Q and A segment allowing participants the opportunity to ask questions of the presenters. Webinars are offered at no cost, though advance registration is required.
- Tu., Dec. 1, 7:30 p.m., EST: Tips for Assembling a Competitive Law School Application
- Weds., Dec. 2, 7:30 p.m., EST: Welcome to MSU Law - 2016 Incoming Class
- Th., Dec. 3, 12:00 p.m., EST: MSU Law Preview: Academics, Admission & Scholarships, and Careers
- Tu., Dec. 15, 7:30 p.m., EST: Crafting Your Law School Personal Statement
- Weds., Dec. 16, 3:00 p.m., EST: Financing Your MSU Legal Education
- Tu., Dec. 29, 12:00 p.m., EST: Questions & Answers as You Prepare Your MSU Law Admission Application
- Weds., Jan. 6, 3:00 p.m., EST: MSU Law Preview: Academics, Admission & Scholarships, and Careers
- Tu., Jan. 12, 12:00 p.m., EST: Welcome to MSU Law - 2016 Incoming Class
- Weds., Jan 13, 3:00 p.m., EST: Financing Your MSU Legal Education
- Tu., Jan. 26, 7:30 p.m., EST: Careers in Indigenous Law & the Indigenous Law Program at MSU Law
- Weds., Jan. 27, 3:00 p.m., EST: Questions & Answers as You Prepare Your MSU Law Admission Application
Are you a pre-law advisor? Join us for: Legal Education Update from the American Bar Association (February 2, 2016, 12:00 p.m., EST); Update from the Executive Director of NALP (February 10, 2016, 12:00 p.m., EST)
- Friday, February 26, 2016
- Friday, March 4, 2016
- Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Saturday, March 19, 2016
Summer Visit Program for Prospective Applicants (2017 and beyond)
- Spartan Law Day, Friday, July 22, 2016
The Admissions Office staff welcomes prospective students to schedule a one-on-one visit when participation in a group visit program is not available or convenient. For pre-applicants, a visit typically is 60-75-minutes in duration; for an admitted candidate, a visit typically is four hours in duration. To arrange a visit, complete the online visit request form, preferably two weeks prior to the preferred visit date.