Admission Requirements & Application Process
What documents are required for application to the online Global Food Law Master's Degree Program?
The following documents must be submitted to the MSU College of Law Office of Graduate and International Programs before your application for admission will be reviewed.
- Online application form (including signed signature page).
- Transcripts from all degree-granting universities you have attended.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Personal statement explaining why you wish to join the program, what benefits you would contribute to the program as a student and how you believe the program will assist you in reaching your personal and professional goals.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Copy of current license to practice law, if applicable.
- English proficiency test score (TOEFL or IELTS) if your previous university degree was earned in a non-English speaking country (you may apply for a waiver).
- $100 application fee.
Applications are evaluated after all required documents are received. You will receive your admissions decision within a month. Applications received after the deadline are considered only if space is available.
- April 1 deadline for summer enrollment (classes begin the following May)
- June 1 deadline for fall enrollment (classes begin the following August)
- November 1 deadline for spring enrollment (classes begin the following January)
How much does the program cost?
The tuition rate for the 2015-16 academic year for the online Global Food Law program is $950 per credit hour. Students in the M.J. program must take 26 credits to graduate. LL.M. students with a J.D. must take 24 credits to graduate.How long will it take to complete the degree?
The online programs at MSU Law are intended to meet the scheduling needs of professionals who cannot always commit to a full course load. The maximum time frame for completing the M.J. or LL.M. degree is five academic years, and the minimum is one academic year. Students typically finish the program in about three years if they take one course per semester year-round.
Please e-mail all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.