Reciprocity with other Law Schools
MSU Law students and alumni can access job services and postings from other ABA-accredited law schools through reciprocal agreements made by the Career Services Office. The agreements also allow students and alumni of other accredited law schools to access MSU Law job services and postings.
The following policy applies to students and alumni of ABA-accredited law schools requesting assistance from MSU Law Career Services.
- Assistance will be given to students and alumni of ABA-accredited law schools that allow MSU Law students and alumni to use their career services, resources and facilities.
- Requests for reciprocity must be made in writing by the director or designated staff member of the career services office at the requesting school, must include the address of the mentioned student or alumnus, and must be received at least one week before the first visit.
- MSU Law Career Services will send a letter granting reciprocity to the requesting school, with a copy to the student or alumnus. This letter must be presented at the time of the first visit.
- Reciprocity is granted for a period of three months, beginning on the date of the letter granting reciprocity. Reciprocity is closed from August 1 – November 15 due to fall on-campus interviews.
- Services available under reciprocity agreements:
- One counseling appointment.
- Access to job postings maintained by MSU Law. When responding to notices obtained from MSU Law, applicants must state in writing to employers that they obtained the posting through a reciprocal agreement between their school and Michigan State University College of Law.
- Access to the Career Services Resource Center.
- Services not available:
- Reading of job notices over the phone
- Resume referral
- Fall or spring on-campus interviews
For additional information, contact:
Michigan State University College of Law
Career Services Office
301 Law College Building
East Lansing, MI 48824-1300