Student Group Resources
All student leaders should review the Student Group Handbook (PDF) to learn the policies, procedures, and requirements for student groups at MSU College of Law. The handbook is an important resource when planning events and meetings, and finding resources to support your organization. Students interested in forming a new student group should review and complete the New Student Group Application (PDF). To view a complete list of recognized student groups at MSU Law, or to learn how to join a group, visit MSU Law Student Groups.
Student Group Forms
- Event Planning Form (PDF)
- Event Planning Checklist (PDF)
- Signing Officer Form (For Accounting, PDF)
- Tax Exempt Form (PDF)
- Student Travel Request Form (PDF)
- Student Travel, Lodging and Per Diem Reimbursement Policy (PDF)
- Student Event Poster Instructions and Templates
- Office of Communications - Graphics Standards Guide (PDF)
- Student Group Room Request
Conduct a preliminary conflict check of your proposed dates for a student group event by viewing the room calendars here. Then, you will want to submit your Event Planning Form (PDF) to the Events Office right away to reserve your date and time.
Student Leaders Online Training
If you were unable to attend the live webinar, please watch the recorded version below (and the other videos). Once you have completed everything please submit the affirmation.
Supplemental Finance/Funding videos
All executive board members are required to watch all of these videos which contain important finance and funding information for student organizations.
Funding Options for Student Groups
To start out the year, the SBA has disbursed $75.00 into each registered student organization's bank account with the Accounting office. This should be used as seed money to start up the year, host a Student Group Fair table, and hold your first informational meetings. As you prepare to host events and need additional funding, you should prepare a detailed budget to find out what your needs are. Then, review your options for obtaining funds. There is additional detail in the Video 5 series above, but some of your options include:
- SBA Funding Request for Events and Meetings Form (PDF)
- SBA Funding Guidelines (PDF)
- Council of Graduate Students (COGS) Event Funding Request Form
- COGS Conference Funding Request Form (Video)
- MSU Law Alumni Association Event Funding Request Form (PDF)
- Diversity Services Office (DSO) Event Funding Request Form (PDF)
- Diversity Services Office (DSO) Conference and Competition Directed-Study Request Form (PDF)
Selling Merchandise with MSU Logos
For information about selling merchandise with MSU Logos please visit the MSU Licensing site.