Your legal education as a new, first-year law student at MSU begins with Immersion Week, a mandatory component of the 1L program that is designed to help you transition from being an undergraduate student to a law student. Immersion Week includes your first required course, Foundations of Law, a commitment to professionalism program, the opportunity to meet and interact with faculty members and classmates, and a community service project.
Immersion Week begins August 22. View the Immersion Week Schedule (PDF).
- Foundations of Law is a one-credit hour course taught during Immersion Week. The course provides a common foundation for students from a wide variety of academic majors. There are two assigned texts for Foundations of Law, and both texts should be read prior to Immersion Week.
- Research, Writing, and Analysis course (one class meeting)
- Professionalism in Action Program features an in-depth discussion about legal ethics, with remarks delivered by practicing attorneys and judges.
- Lunch and other events designed to introduce you to faculty members, staff, and your classmates.
- Presentations by the MSU Law Career Services staff.
- Writing Skills Inventory; Technology Training (please use your MSU NetID and password to sign in)
- A Community Service Project that allows incoming students to assist area nonprofit agencies in need of assistance. Sign up is August 1-15! Please use your MSU NetID and password to sign in.