MSU College of Law News
MSU-DCL Professor Earns Honorary Doctor of Laws Degree
364 Law Colleg Bldg.
East Lansing, MI
Nelia Van Goor
Dr. Clark C. Johnson, a professor of law at Michigan State University-Detroit College of Law (MSU-DCL), received an Honorary Doctor of Laws degree at the law college's 2002 commencement exercise on Saturday, June 8 at the Wharton Center for the Performing Arts on the Michigan State University campus.
Johnson began teaching at MSU-DCL in 1974, where he has remained one of the most popular professors among MSU-DCL students and alumni. He teaches a variety of law classes including contracts, medical legal problems, property and small business enterprises. He is a faculty advisor to the law school's Journal of Medicine and Law and Medical Legal Society. Johnson earned a juris doctor degree with honors in 1970 from Wayne State University Law School and a Ph.D. in 1990, also from Wayne State University.
Michigan State University-Detroit College of Law is located on the campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing. Founded in 1891, the college is accredited by the American Bar Association and is a member of the American Association of Law Schools.