Other Community Service Providers

Subsidized Housing/Sect. 8
Lansing Housing Commission
(list of Lansing area subsidized housing)
MSHDA (Sect. 8 Certification)
(state-wide subsidized housing authority)
Legal Services
ASMSU Legal Services (MSU students) 517-355-8266
Legal Services of South Central Mich. (low income) 517-394-3121
Sixty Plus Legal Aid (seniors) 517-334-5760
Lawyer Referrals
Michigan Bar Referral 800-968-0738
Michigan (elderly) 800-347-5298
Shelter Referrals
American Red Cross (short term) 517-484-7461
Haven House (families) 517-337-2731
Volunteers of America (families, men) 517-484-4414
Advent House (day shelter) 517-485-4722
Shelter Referrals - Domestic Abuse
EVE (Ingham Co.) 517-372-5572
SIREN (Eaton Co.) 517-543-4915
Safeplace (Barry/Eaton) 616-965-7233
Rave (Clinton) 989-224-4662
Rental Assistance
Salvation Army (rent help) 517-484-4424
Dept. of Human Services (Ingham County)
(families with children only)
Dept. of Human Services (Eaton County) 517-543-0860
Dept. of Human Services (Clinton County) 989-224-5500
Capital Area Community Services
(rent/financial help)
Consumer Complaints State Attorney General 517-373-1140
Public Service Commission (utilities) 800-292-9555
Health and Warmth Fund (bill payment assistance) 800-866-8429
Housing Inspectors/Code Enforcement
Lansing Code Compliance 517-483-4361
Lansing Code Enforcement 517-483-4355
East Lansing 517-319-6857
Okemos & Haslett 517-349-1200 ext. 939
All others should be referred to their own city (not all towns/townships have code enforcement)
Home Ownership Ferris Development (home buying) 517-485-9100
Other Services
Tri-County Office on Aging (elderly) 517-887-1440
Center of Independent Living (handicap) 517-241-0393
Michigan Building Division (manufactured housing) 517-241-6300
Rental Property Owners Association of Mid-Michigan 517-487-4459
Civil Rights – discrimination complaints
MI Dept. of Civil Rights 517-335-3165
MI Dept. of Civil Rights (for intake) 517-334-9335
East Lansing Human Relations Comm. 517-337-1731
Lansing Dept. of Human Relations 517-483-4088
All other areas – call your local city hall
Court Numbers
East Lansing (54B District) 517-351-7000
Lansing (54A District) 517-483-4433
Ingham County (55th District) 517-676-8401
Clinton County (St. Johns) 989-224-5150
Eaton County (Charlotte) 517-485-6444
Circuit Court Clerks
Ingham 517-483-6500
Eaton 517-543-7500 ext. 4335
Clinton 989-224-5140